- 2005 - Campus Health Center (CHC) began as a pilot project to serve students living on campus.
- 2006 - CHC expanded and moved to the Helen DeRoy Apartment Building at 5200 Anthony Wayne Drive.
- 2009 - Nursing Practice Corporation (NPC), the faculty practice plan of the WSU College of Nursing, took over management of CHC and it became a year-round academic, nurse-managed clinic.
- 2015 - CHC increased outreach events on campus and provided clinics for flu shots and STI testing.
- 2019 - CHC moved to a new, state-of-the art facility located at 5285 Anthony Wayne Drive.
- 2020 - CHC added a clinical social worker, funded through a STIGMA Grant.
- 2020 - CHC adapted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. CHC offered tele-health and tele-medicine appointments; administered COVID-19 vaccines, boosters, and tests to the Wayne State community; established a Campus Daily Screener team to contract trace and guide COVID-19 positive individuals through next steps.
- 2022 - CHC added a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner to lead the mental health triage service.
- 2022 - CHC implemented online scheduling through Clearwave and launched a mental health triage service.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
College & University Flu Vaccine Challenge winner medium-sized school category - 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) - 2015, 2016
- Winner of the "Alana Yasich College/University Flu Vaccine Challenge" Michigan – Medium category, 2020, 2021, 2022