All members of the Wayne State University community are eligible to receive free COVID-19 testing at the Campus Health Center (CHC). This opportunity is available to all faculty, staff and students. You will receive a free diagnostic (nasal swab) test for COVID-19 at CHC.
This testing will primarily be done on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with limited appointments available on Thursdays and Fridays. Please call soon to reserve your appointment for next week.
Any student, faculty member or employee of Wayne State University who has not been diagnosed with COVID-19 is eligible to volunteer.
The purpose of this testing is to provide you with information about your own COVID-19 status and to monitor the disease burden of COVID-19 on campus so that we can continue to make evidence-based decisions to keep our campus community safe.
The CHC will compile the data from the tests to get a picture of COVID-19 on campus. Your individual results are one piece to a larger puzzle that will help us understand how COVID-19 is affecting our campus community.
Volunteering for this, along with your results, will be completely confidential. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations are strictly enforced by the CHC. Data will be reported to the university in an aggregate format.
Steps for free COVID-19 testing at CHC
- Sign up for the CHC’s Patient Portal by going to health.wayne.edu and clicking on Patient Portal.
- Make an appointment by calling the Campus Health Center at 313-577-5041.
- The morning of your on-campus appointment at CHC, please complete the Campus Daily Screener by going to wayne.edu/coronavirus and clicking on the Campus Daily Screener button. Complete the online form.
Please note: You do NOT have to answer “YES” on the daily screener stating you have a pending COVID-19 test if it pertains to this testing appointment.
- Bring your WSU OneCard and government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport) to your appointment.
- Arrive for your appointment 10-15 minutes early to complete the registration form.
- Your test results will be available on the CHC Patient Portal in 4-5 days.