E-scooter safety tips
Here are five easy tips to being safe on e-scooters:
- Ride solo. Do not double up on an e-scooter
- Steer clear of sidewalks and keep your scooter in the bike lane
- Look out for and avoid safety hazards, such as potholes, gravel and oil slicks
- Wear a helmet! The most common injury associated with e-scooters are head traumas
- Slow down and keep speeds below 15 mph.
Remember: If you are injured on a scooter, call and make an appointment with Campus Health Center.
E-scooter safety tips infographic (print-only)