Autonomously and in collaboration with health care professionals and other individuals, NPs provide a full range of primary, acute and specialty health care services, including:
- Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays.
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, infections, and injuries.
- Prescribing medications and other treatments.
- Managing patients’ overall care.
- Educating patients on disease prevention and positive health and lifestyle choices.
To learn more about exactly what NPs do, please visit: American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).