Connecting to mental health services is now easier than ever


Are you feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or anxious? If the answer is “yes,” you are not alone. During the 2020–2021 school year, more than 60% of college students met the criteria for at least one mental health problem, according to the Healthy Minds Study. *

The Campus Health Center (CHC) offers a mental health triage service that will connect you to mental health resources located on- or off-campus that provide in-person and/or virtual counseling, psychiatry services, and even assistance programs. This free, confidential service offers you a better understanding of your mental health needs and the options and resources available. The mental health triage service is for currently enrolled WSU students with non-emergency mental health needs only.

To get started, please complete the mental health triage form. Once submitted you will be contacted by a Campus Health Center clinician, within 24 hours, who will guide you through the next steps and connect you to resources that will best address your needs.

Note: Mental health triage form submissions made over the weekend, or during university closures will be responded to the next business day, or when the university re-opens.


Mental health triage may be right for you if you are:  Be kind to your mind - hand-drawn lettering with decor on blue background. Quote about self-care and mental health. Pretty design for cup, sticker, print, t-shirt, banner, bag, etc.

  • feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or anxious
  • struggling with relationship issues
  • feeling lonely or isolated
  • having trouble adjusting to college life


Mental health triage form


Learn more about Mental Health Triage

Robyn Dover, Campus Health Center, talks about Mental Health Triage on the Wayne State Radio Network.


If you are in a mental health emergency:

  • Call WSU Police 313-577-2222 (on campus)
  • Call 911
  • Go to the nearest hospital emergency room
  • Call 988 for the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
  • Text HOME to 741-741 to reach a crisis counselor


* (Lipson, S. K., et al., Journal of Affective Disorders, Vol. 306, 2022).