The Campus Health Center (CHC) is doing outreach COVID-19 testing at several locations across campus. Testing is an important way we contribute to the health of the campus community. Appointments are limited.
You must wear a face covering to your appointment. Wayne State students, faculty and staff are eligible for COVID-19 testing at CHC for no out-of-pocket charge (CHC will bill insurance, if available).
Students and employees must not have any COVID-19 symptoms to be tested at these outreach sites. A COVID-19 symptom screening will occur at the door and any person with symptoms will be asked to call CHC at 313-577-5041 for a COVID-19 testing appointment.
- University Towers
- Towers Residential Suites
- Scott Hall – Margherio
- Duchene (Doris J. & Donald L. Duchene, Sr. Athletic Facility)
- College of Nursing
If these dates and times do not work for your schedule, or if there are no appointments left, please make an appointment at CHC (5285 Anthony Wayne Drive) Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. by calling 313-577-5041.
Campus Daily Screener Question
When you complete the Campus Daily Screener, you do NOT have to answer “YES” stating that you have a pending COVID-19 test if it pertains to volunteer/mandated testing.
CHC will contact and discuss results with you if your COVID-19 result is positive. Your test results will also be available on the CHC Patient Portal at health.wayne.edu. If you do not receive your test results on the Patient Portal after five business days, please ask at your next weekly COVID-19 testing appointment or call CHC at 313-577-5041.
Patient Portal Steps
- Log in to the Patient Portal by going to health.wayne.edu and clicking on Patient Portal.
- If you do not have a Patient Portal account yet, we will help you set one up at your appointment. Please arrive a few minutes early.
- Click on Health Records on the left menu bar or at the bottom of the page once logged in.
- Click Other Documents.
- Download your results.
Step-by-Step Process for Making your COVID-19 Testing Appointment
- Make your appointment by scheduling online at one of the above locations or by calling CHC at 313-577-5041 if these dates/times/locations do not work for you.
- Complete the Campus Daily Screener online or download the WSU application. You do NOT have to answer “YES” on the daily screener stating you have a pending COVID-19 test if it pertains to the mandated testing appointment.
- Bring your WSU OneCard, health insurance card and government-issued ID to the appointment with you. Please pay special attention to the location of your appointment.