OFFICIAL RULES OF GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY PROMOTION
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES:
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The Gift Card Giveaway Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins on September 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. and ends on December 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
- SPONSOR. The sponsor of this Promotion is Nursing Practice Corporation, a Michigan nonprofit corporation doing business as Campus Health Center, whose address is 5200 Anthony Wayne Dr., Suite 115, Detroit, MI 48202 (“Sponsor”).
- PRIZES. There are a total of three (3) The prizes consist of (1) Starbucks $25 gift card with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $25.00, (1) Barnes and Noble $100 gift card with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $100.00, and one (1) Shell $25 gift card with an ARV of $25.00. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A PATIENT OF THE SPONSOR OR AGREE TO BECOME A PATIENT OF THE SPONSOR, NOR DO YOU NEED TO PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM THE SPONSOR, OR MAKE ANY PAYMENT TO THE SPONSOR, TO ENTER THE PROMOTION OR TO WIN OR INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open only to full- or part-time students at Wayne State University who are (i) legal United States residents residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age, and (iii) who took a photo and posted it on their Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram account with the hashtag #StopTheFluWSU. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and its affiliates and/or their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) or household members (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter this Promotion or win a prize.
- HOW IT WORKS. Each person who successfully receives a flu shot, takes a photo before, after, or during the flu shot, and posts the photo on their Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram account with the hashtag #StopTheFluWSU will receive one entry. Each person is limited to one entry.
- DRAWING. A drawing will be conducted by representatives of Sponsor shortly after the end of the Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries, and the creativity of the photo. The most creative photo, selected by the Sponsor’s representative(s), will be awarded the $100 Barnes and Noble gift card. The second and third most creative photo will receive either the $25 Shell gift card or the $25 Starbucks gift card. The winner’s list will be posted on social media and the Website after winner selection and verification has been completed. Any legally required winner’s list may be obtained by sending a request together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Sponsor at the address listed above. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the Promotion ends.
- WINNER SELECTION; PRIZE NOTIFICATION; AFFIDAVITS/DECLARATIONS; TAXES. Potential prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. The potential winners may be required to sign, have notarized and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (“Affidavit”) within five (5) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies). If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to notification by e-mail or phone within three (3) days of the date of initial notification, (c) a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, (d) a potential winner’s Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or is not received when required, or (e) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, then such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. All taxes, including federal and state income tax, sales tax and other taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or enjoying a prize, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All prizes are non-transferable. No refunds, substitutions or replacements of a prize are permitted except in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Any difference between the actual value of a prize and the ARV of a prize set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded. Any portion of a prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. The winner must pick up the prize in person at the Sponsor’s address listed above.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. To the extent permitted by law, winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent and authorization for Sponsor to take a photo of the winner receiving the prize and to use and/or publish this photo and the winner’s full name in any future publicity carried out by the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion or any similar promotion, in any media worldwide, without any compensation, notice, or approval.
- WARNING. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and without notice, disqualify any individual who (a) tampers with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion, or with the Website or any other website or social media site promoting this Promotion; or (b) acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar activity or duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other person to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws; and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such Entrant or other person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including seeking criminal prosecution.
- GOVERNING LAW; RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state of Michigan, and local laws, and is void where prohibited, taxed, licensed, or restricted by law. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants and winners agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, tax liabilities, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress) and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Promotion or any prize-related activities, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person’s computer or other electronic device, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials in connection with or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, any express warranty provided by the manufacturer of the goods or any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.